For the next few months, Christ Family Film Productions will be posting character descriptions of the roles being auditioned in September for He Leadeth Me. Get to know the people...get to know the story. And join us in September for auditions in Fergus Falls, MN!
SALLY MINNA PRICE – AGE 61 – 62
- Born September 2nd, 1866 in Grant County, Wisconsin
- Daughter of: Arthur Albert Price (deceased 1899) & Mabel Julia (Cross) Price (deceased 1907)
Hermina Vertie (Price) Quinn born 1858 (deceased 1922)
Romie Nickolas Price born 1860
Astrid Pearl Price born 1862 (deceased 1911)
Farris Robert Price born 1865 (deceased 1865)
Rebecca Dee (Price) Hodges born 1865
Ana Mabel (Price) Cobb born 1866
Rube Angela Price born 1870
Wayman Arthur Price 1871 (deceased 1871)
- Occupation: maid (Carter household)
- Location: Rock Valley, Iowa (Sioux County)
- Personal interview: “I never married and always wanted my own child. Amanda needed a mama. And I needed work. That Ethan Carter is a saint, but he doesn’t know lick about girls.”
- Character profile: Sally, one of six surviving children, grew up in the forests of Wisconsin, helping her father fell trees and break ground for small plots of corn. She shared a small attic with her twin sister Ana and walked two and a half miles every day to school carrying a rifle to ward off wild animals. In 1881 she was offered a proposal of marriage by a land speculator moving west, twenty years her senior. Sally’s mother refused to let her go and Sally vowed, out of fear, to never allow a man to propose to her again. In 1907, after the death of her mother, she moved to Rock Valley, Iowa, to be with an ailing cousin and found employment with the city judge taking care of his daughter and preparing their meals. She has kept her promise. She has never married and, instead, dedicates the rest of her life to loving Ethan and Amanda who were like her own.
POINT OF INTEREST
- Sally is the granddaughter of Major G. M. Price, land speculator, who laid out the town of Lancaster in 1837.