For the next few months, Christ Family Film Productions will be posting character descriptions of the roles being auditioned in September for He Leadeth Me. Get to know the people...get to know the story. And join us in September for auditions in Fergus Falls, MN!
AMANDA SARAH CARTER – Age 14 – 15
- Born August 30th, 1916 in Sioux County, Iowa
- Daughter of: Ethan Evan Carter & Laura Elizabeth (Brenow) Carter (deceased 1921)
Ethan Evan Carter, Jr. born 1921 (deceased 1921)
- Occupation: NA
- Location: Rock Valley, Iowa (Sioux County)
- Personal interview: “It used to be just Pa and me and we’d go walking after supper, sometimes with Ms. Sally. Shawn Harper? He’ll break my father’s heart.”
- Character profile: Amanda, her father’s pride and joy, was born in the heat of late summer in 1916 at five o’clock in the afternoon. The doctor said she was the prettiest baby he’d ever seen. Her parents showered her with love and affection and yet kept a firm hand on the developing of her character. As the daughter of a judge, Amanda wanted for nothing and somehow managed to build for herself an unreliable, faulty belief that nothing bad would happen. With the death of her mother and brother, however, her beliefs have fallen to pieces and she has a difficult time trusting anyone. Amanda’s biggest fear is losing her father too. Ethan has hired Ms. Sally, the household maid, to care for the house and to care for Amanda in a way only a mother can.