Friday, June 4, 2010

Meet The Characters: Ethan Carter

For the next few months, Christ Family Film Productions will be posting character descriptions of the roles being auditioned in September for He Leadeth Me. Get to know the people...get to know the story. And join us in September for auditions in Fergus Falls, MN!

JUDGE ETHAN EVAN CARTER – Age 42

HISTORY

- Born January 12th, 1890 in Clayton County, Iowa
- Son of: Lt. Evan Charles Carter (deceased 1898) & Margaret Jo (Johnson) Carter

Siblings:

 Sarah Margaret Carter born 1895 (deceased 1899)
 George Alexander Carter born 1897

PERSONAL DESCRIPTION

- Occupation: judge
- Location: Rock Valley, Iowa (Sioux County)

- Personal interview: “My daughter is my greatest and best distraction on the most difficult days. I miss my wife…I miss my son. I’m a judge, too…some say I’m a good one. Maybe I am. But I’ve never felt more needed than I do now.”

- Character profile: Ethan, son of a United States army officer and a Norwegian immigrant, married Laura Brenow in 1914 and was appointed judge in the railroad town of Rock Valley, Iowa one year later. Soon, Ethan and his small family became the most affluent individuals in town. His integrity as justice has gained overwhelming approval and he’s been encouraged more than once to run for mayor. He politely refuses the offer. Laura and a second child, a boy, died during childbirth in 1921. In the midst of his grieving, Ethan hired help to care for his home and his only daughter. This has allowed him to continue his financial and professional affairs in Rock Valley, though his paycheck has slowly dwindled to nothing since the market crashed in 1929. He works anyway. Ethan has one younger brother living in Boston, also a judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment