For the next few months, Christ Family Film Productions will be posting character descriptions of the roles being auditioned in September for He Leadeth Me. Get to know the people...get to know the story. And join us in September for auditions in Fergus Falls, MN!
ALICE EVELYN HOLEBROOK – AGE 15 – 16 – Maid in Douglas household, Mount Sterling, Illinois
- Born July 4th, 1916 in Dallas County, Missouri
- Daughter of: Alice Jane Holebrook
Dylan James Holbrook born 1914
- Occupation: maid (Douglas household)
- Location: Mount Sterling, Illinois (Brown County)
- Personal interview: “I have a roof over my head. I have food. I see Dylan sometimes. But now Mr. Douglas wants to be governor…I’d eat a cat before I’d vote for him.”
- Character profile: Alice, born to an unwed mother, was her grandmother’s little baby. She thrived under her constant supervision and resembled her so much that people in the streets would often wonder if the woman, too young to be a grandmother, was the mother of such a beautiful little girl. Alice was twelve years old when her grandparents died of influenza and fell into a deep depression, withdrawing from everyone. Her brother Dylan left to fend for himself and she awoke one morning to find her mother gone too, a note explaining her whereabouts and her intentions to marry a cousin who lived in Michigan. Alone and afraid, Alice begged a hotel manager to hire her, even part-time, to change beds. He did so, promoting her to the kitchen and providing her a place to sleep under the stairs. The work ruined her hands, robbed her of her innocence, and stole her virginity. Dylan finally rescued her months later and they left for Mount Sterling, Illinois, where she has found a job working for the mayor of the community. She still locks her bedroom door at night.