Get to know the people...get to know the story. And join us in September for auditions in Fergus Falls, MN!
WALTER ABRAHAM COLE – AGE 13
- Born August 19th, 1919 in Sioux County, Iowa
- Son of: Rev. Arden Rollin Cole & Elizabeth Jacqueline (Harrington) Cole
Alyssa Adella Cole born 1917
- Occupation: NA
- Location: Rock Valley, Iowa (Sioux County)
- Personal interview: “I don’t know what all the fuss is about. Shawn isn’t so bad. My sister might be in love with him…but that’s disgusting and pa would take her back behind the woodshed if she did anything about it…Are you going to eat that?”
- Character profile: Son of the preacher and inclined to take advantage of it, Walter Cole is anything but holy. Daring, mischievous, cunning, and terribly brilliant, Walter has managed to harness all of his energetic qualities to the carriage of his demands. His mother showers him with affection, and as many gifts as the financial stipend from her husband allows. And yet he is rarely satisfied. Ultimately, though he would never admit it---denying this as often as his mother encourages him to do so---Walter longs to be satisfied with simple, quality time. The attentive time only his father can give. Discipline appears to be his father’s only form of communication, and so Walter speaks in a language worthy of it.